|Countywide, COCIC's work has preserved or increased property values by at least $320 million in the last decade.|
Other key findings from the report show from 2012 to 2022 COCIC has:
The report also indicates COCIC has yielded positive returns on their programs:
- Demolished 3,349 blighted residential units
- Reclaimed more than 205 acres of commercial property
- Funded or financed over 350 units of affordable housing
- Cleared the path for the private-market to produce 138 market-rate owner-occupied homes and 1,648 market-rate rental units
Forty-five percent of COCIC’s interventions have occurred in areas that were formerly redlined, providing much needed countermeasures that will allow residents to experience safer neighborhoods, improved housing quality, and rising property values, among other social and economic improvements.
- For every $1 COCIC has spent on demolition nearby home values increased by $4.30, which has led to $146 million in increased property values.
- For every $1 COCIC has contributed to an affordable housing project, the developer has leveraged another $3.86 from other sources.
Click here for a 1-pager quick facts, executive summary, the report, and short video summarizing just a few of the ways COCIC has changed neighborhoods and transformed lives in Franklin County.
Be sure to visit the COCIC website to learn more about its work throughout Franklin County, Ohio.