The City of Miamisburg, Ohio (pop. 20,000), a historic suburban community in the south Dayton metropolitan region is accepting applications for the position(s) of Community Development Director. Miamisburg is a progressive and growing community that retains its small-town charm with a historic downtown as well as mixed-use commercial and housing developments offering a high quality of life and services to its residents.
This role will coordinate and promote continued downtown revitalization and economic development as well as oversee all housing and neighborhood enhancement programs. The Community Development role continues to evolve but will initially focus on these primary areas:
1. Serve as official community liaison for the Miamisburg Merchant Association and other downtown business groups while working with potential business owners
2. Lead on various programs including Thrive Marketplace/ Retail Incentive Grant Program
3. Liaison to the DORA Board/Committee; including communications with businesses in the boundaries, etc.
4. Lead on Downtown Master Plan development
5. Serves as the official community liaison for the CARES Program
a. Canal District
b. New Area-Seibert/Riverview/Curtis
c. This includes working closely with Code Enforcement Officer assigned to CARES Program
6. Develop and administer the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Programs as well as other grant funded projects and programs.
7. May attend task force and board meetings for Ohio Conference on Community Development, Great Miami Riverway, Bike Miami Valley, Hope4Miamisburg, Ohio Changers, and other various county committees.
8. Serve as the City’s Fair Housing point-person for emergency/special assistant requests or complaints of discrimination in housing and public accommodations.
9. Manage signage and updates downtown and potentially city-wide
10. Assists with presentations and community input meetings for programs
11. Various marketing responsibilities via social media, websites, print material, etc.
12. Work closely with other departments to fulfill the needs of these programs.
Compensation & Benefits
The 2021 salary range for this position is $91,680.73 - $115,551.18 DOQ and the City offers an excellent benefits package. Interested individuals should submit their application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources Director, Leslie Kohli, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are required and can be found at www.ci.miamisburg.oh.us. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Community Development, Tourism, Urban Affairs, Economic Development, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
• Experience or education in one of more of the following areas: grant writing, neighborhood enhancement, social service, housing, historic preservation, economics, public relations, communications, marketing, design, journalism, planning, business administration, public administration, retailing, volunteer or nonprofit administration.
• Experience in Capital and Operating budget development and management.
A combination of education, experience and training may be applied in accordance with the City of Miamisburg policy.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Operational knowledge of current Microsoft Office Suite software, design software, social media platforms, and website management or design.
• Be sensitive to design and preservation issues and understand the issues confronting downtown businesses, property owners, public agencies and community organizations.
• Be able to communicate with and problem solve with downtown businesses, property owners, residents, public agencies, and community organizations in a manner that is both effective and encourages a continued positive working relationship.
• Be energetic, imaginative, motivated, well-organized and capable of functioning independently with minimal day -to -day supervision or direction.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
« Back to Blog
Disclaimer: The City of Miamisburg considers all applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or
any other legally protected status.