130 W. Second Street, Suite 1420
Dayton, OH 45402
The mission of County Corp is to improve our greater Dayton-Montgomery County community by offering affordable housing and economic programs for residents and small businesses. To this end, we offer programs and services that result in the development of safe, decent, affordable housing, in the improvement in the financial health and well-being of our area residents, and in the creation and retention of jobs in our area employers.
We are a diverse organization made up of 19 professionals delivering for our community. We develop nearly 100 units of affordable housing each year, we manage affordable rental units in our greater community, we partner with local lending institutions to annually assist nearly 20 businesses grow by helping them fund capital improvements and/or expansions, and we provide financial fitness and counseling programming to nearly 1,200 households to help them become homeowners or to enable them to stabilize their household credit and/or homeownership experience.
County Corp is looking for the right candidate to fit within the organization and most importantly to become a valued member of our Accounting department. Our Accounting Manager will bring continuous improvement to our Accounting functionality as our organization pursues new and exciting programming and sources of revenue to allow for continued growth.
Position: Manager of Accounting
Job Classification: Exempt
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reports to: Controller
Control Number: 20020
Revision Date: 1/01/2019
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
The accounting manager is responsible for managing the accounting department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
2. Audit the work of the accounting department.
3. Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
4. Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
5. Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
6. Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
7. Works with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
Job Duties/Key Responsibilities
1. Direct and engage in financial reporting activities including documentation of business transactions through journal entries, preparation of trial balances, income statements, balance sheets, cash reconciliations and maintaining and reconciling fixed asset schedules. 50%
2. Preparation of Audit Work Papers and Annual Tax Returns. 15%
3. Directs Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including collection activities. 20%
4. Supervise Accounting staff. 15%
The accounting manager manages all employees of the accounting department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as
necessary. Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in schedule may be allowed.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Qualifications, Experiences, Competencies
Required Education and Experience
1. Undergraduate degree in accounting, or equivalent number of years of experience.
2. Accounting/payroll/office software ability.
3. Accounting principles & controls.
4. Effective oral/written communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master's degree in accounting or finance.
2. Certified Public Accountant.
3. Managerial experience, especially as Accounting Manager.
4. Non-profit and/or government accounting experience.
5. Presentation skills.
This position requires the ability to independently identify and analyze financial information. The ability to effectively manager subordinates to implement accepted financial procedures, and to identify and solve problems is critical. Effective interaction with customers including vendors, suppliers, staff and the general public is necessary to successful performance.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position.
AAP / EEO Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cover Letter and Resume Submittal
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Steve Naas at firstname.lastname@example.org
« Back to Blog