THE LORAIN CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
CLASSIFICATION: Housing Rehabilitation Administrator
BUILDING, HOUSING 7 PLANNING DEPT.
SALARY: GRADE A7 - Range $59,260.03 - $72,142.10
Applications for the classified, non-bargaining, management position of Housing Rehabilitation Administrator in the Lorain Building, Housing & Planning Department are available in the office of the Lorain Civil Service Commission, i11 floor of Lorain City Hall, 200 West Erie Avenue Lorain, Ohio 44052 beginning Tuesday, November 1, 2022 UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. Applications will be received in person or via email. Email directly to:
(Be sure to include the underscore between rosemary and white.) [Please DO NOT fax or mail!] The office is closed everyday from approximately 12-1 :00 p.m. and on holidays. (Please note that we are closed November 8, 2022 in observance of Election Day and November 10, 2022 in observance of Veteran's Day.)
Must be a US citizen or have a valid permanent resident card. Must possess a valid Ohio Driver's license.
Possess a comprehensive knowledge in performing property inspections of both residential and commercial properties with a focus on determining violations pertaining to IPMC codes and HOME program standards. The specific person must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Google Sheets and specification writing for rehabilitation projects. Must be able to produce detailed reports and documents per HUD regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must have at least five years of construction experience in trades related to residential
• Education in or experience in Construction Management is preferred
• Residential Building Inspector; Or Interim Residential Building Inspector Certification OR All of the following:
• ICC Property Maintenance Certificate, ICC Housing Inspector Certificate, and an ICC Residential Building Inspector Certificate
• Must possess a Lead Abatement Contractor license through ODH or have the ability to obtain one within twelve months of hire.
• Must possess a Lead Risk Assessor license through ODH or have the ability to obtain one within twelve months of hire.
A complete job description for the position will be available upon request. It will also be attached to this announcement which appears on the City of Lorain website at: www.cityoflorain.org under departments click on Civil Service and then Current Opportunities. Contact Rose White at 440-204-2066 with any questions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER« Back to Blog