Job Title: Community Development Specialist
Agency: Department of Development
Salary: $46,862.40 - $67,496.00
Work Location: 130 High Street, Hamilton, Ohio
Hours of Work: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
(1) Under general direction of Community Development Administrator and Director of Development, oversees engineering and architectural work, writes specifications for projects as necessary, develops and prepares construction bid documents, conducts pre-bid and pre-construction meetings, and secures wage rates and compliance; provides onsite inspections throughout construction; and oversees construction and ensures contractor compliance with programs and contracts.
2) Under general direction of Community Development Administrator and Director of Development, manages and monitors assigned projects; manages contracts; processes environmental reviews; coordinates with local jurisdictions to ensure compliance with HUD programs; maintains program files; arranges and processes loan documents and final payments; monitors sub-recipients for project and program compliance; and researches, analyzes, and prepares required reports.
(3) Assists the Community Development Administrator in developing and implementing new programs and projects; adheres to all federal, state, and local regulations and reporting requirements; participates in long and short range planning; attends meetings and represents County as needed; and fields questions and problems raised by agencies, local governments, or members of the public.
(4) Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Construction Management, Architecture or related field; and
• One (1) year of relevant experience, including internships; or
• Any combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to the minimum qualifications stated above.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Resumes and Interviews
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Butler County Commissioners Personnel Office
315 High Street, Suite 640
Hamilton, OH 45011
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Job Title in subject line.
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
|Pursuant to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties.|
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER