County Corp is a private, not-for-profit, affordable housing provider for the residents of the Greater Miami Valley region. Our mission is to provide affordable housing and economic opportunities. While we are a relatively small organization, we are mighty in the positive impact we have on the clients and communities we serve.
We provide housing, home repair and new construction and rehab services to our clients. Through our Homeownership Center of Greater Dayton, we provide homebuyer education and homeowner counseling programs throughout the region. We co-locate with the Montgomery County Land Bank.
County Corp programs Federal, State, and local funds to the residents of the region to support affordable housing initiatives including Low Income Housing Tax Credit developments, Accessibility Modifications for those with disabilities and Essential Home Repair Programs.
We are looking for a Construction Specialist.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide project and client management support to our construction manager.
- Assist clients in evaluating their repair needs and prioritizing work to be done with a focus on safe, decent, healthy homes and assisting elderly and special needs residents with accessibility modifications allowing them to age in place safely.
- Assist clients through the construction process including obtaining bids, contract solicitation and quality control.
- Coordinate timely repairs with the Construction Manager and Property Manager for our 80-unit rental portfolio,
- Excel at all administrative functions of the department including calendar management, scheduling, managing correspondence, and scheduling meetings with clients, processing invoices and contracts. communicating with clients, contractors, and strategic partners.
- Coordinate and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with government regulations.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and complete work assignments in a timely manner in an environment where interruptions may occur.
- Will often be the forward-facing representative of County Corp to our clients, our contractors, other organizations and the public. This requires a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in an office environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School diploma or equivalent. Certifications in Lead Safe, RRP, OSHA 10 preferred, but not required.
- 1+ year prior experience in project management, customer service, or administration preferred.
- General knowledge of housing construction and trades. 1+ year active in construction preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word.
- Drivers’ License, current insurance required.
WHAT WE OFFER
County Corp improves people’s lives. You’ll be a part of an amazing team:
- A fast-paced work environment
- Financial security through competitive compensation.
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision and wellness.
- Paid time off
- 403(b) retirement savings with a company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and a history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to County Corp for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. County Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to:
Adam Blake VP, Housing « Back to Blog